Friday, May 28, 2010
Torres de Serranos
Today was the first day of classes! So technically I have been here for 2 full days now. I am enrolled in a Spanish Literature class that is a pre-requisite for the spanish major, and a class on modern art...both seem really interesting so I'm quite excited! I have spent time exploring the center of Valencia and feel like I know it pretty well after 2 days. Yesterday I met up with some friends (after buying a spanish cell...Paloma and Sofia have informed me that it is called a mobil here) and we basically just walked around and oriented ourselves to the calles (roads) etc. Today after classes my friend Alex and I went to a cafe near the UVA school. We finish class at 12:30! I love my familia but I don't think they prepare a lot of red meat....so that is a bit different, but easily fixable. :) Also I haven' technically had the huge spanish lunch yet that everyone talks about because yesterday I spent 3 HOURS buying a mobil and today i was sight-seeing. Anyways, today Alex and I took the metro and walked around for 5 hours. yes. We literally walked for 5 hours. We went everywhere. The highlight of our own self-guided tour was the Torres de Serranos, which is an old gate at the edge of the city - I think the oldest gate remaining (the other remaining gate is called the Torres de Quart). The Torres de Serranos had spectacular views of the city...best 2 euros I have spent since being here! I will post pictures :) I think I will pick one place every day to go to - that way I can see everything! hahaha.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment