
Above I have posted a picture of pilgrims hiking the way of St. James (Santiago de Compostela), a trail that spans the entire length of northern Spain. This summer I learned about it in Valencia, and it is something that I would really like to do at a date in the near future. It takes about 40 days (700 km...don't know what the equate to in miles). Many people, Catholic or not, have hiked this path and say that is a deeply spiritual experience, regardless of your religion.
There are soooo many things to do out there. Tonight I was talking to someone about how I really want to go see the coca-cola factory in Atlanta. Anyone who knows me knows I carry this drink around me essentially at all times. It seems fitting to go see where they make it. I also really want to go see the old antebellum mansions and plantations in the deep south...i've never been to the south really (i don't consider florida the actual south).
A few years ago (actually the day after the trial of the horrendous speeding ticket senior year), my mom and brother and i went back to merritt island, florida after quite a long time. Merritt Island is...well like it sounds...and island about 5 minutes from cape canaveral and the kennedy space center on the atlantic. It's 50 minutes east of orlando. I think this is a tangential anecdote that is subliminally conveying my deep desire for sunshine and warmth. i despise the snow and cold. altho i must say i would never live in florida again if i could help it. once is enough.
In other news, I changed the background of my blog (idk how really i clicked a button and it looked ok so i'm leaving it for the time being...thank you science and tech high school for my inability to operate a computer) to outfit a more globetrotting outlook. I'm going to El Salvador in a week...which is so EXCITING! I haven't had time to be excited about it at all, and i'm slowly but surely getting through the feminist and microfinance readings (not my 2 favorite topics to be sure)...but it's interesting stuff. which i am going to read now.
so happy boxing day (altho it is technically the 27th now) and a belated christmas to everyone. wow. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment