So here I am, currently sitting on the rather dull and dirty first floor of club clem, home to groups of people looking stressed and eating awkwardly so as to not make a lot of noise. It actually is quite comical to watch how unhappy everyone looks with their headphones and srat cups littered among the open macbooks. Oh clemons.
So I am here...not because I particularly like this library...I'm an aldie fan, hands down...but because alderman after 8 pm kinda creeps me out and i don't do clark. So I'm in clem with my freshly checked out textbooks about the Italian Risorgimento and Otto von Bismarck trying to come up with an essay topic for my paper that is due in about 72 hours... 50% of my final grade ftw.
So far this is what I have learned that may or may not be useful: Cavour was a badass, but Bismarck was even more of a badass (I am an expert on how to be a badass, I read blogs about it and everything... if you don't get this joke don't worry it's not directed at you). Sardinia was pretty important. Napoleon III pretty much allowed Italy to unify under the premise of crushing Austria. And there we have it. Months of sitting in a class about the evolution of Europe and that's all I've gotten about Italian Unification. Obviously I make excellent use of my time.
Words with friends update: I have lost every single game I have played, with the exception of 1. I declined it by accident, so I technically didn't lose it. But no worries, folks, I'm making progress...I think a win may be in sight in the near future. Although I don't want to speak too soon.
In the spirit of procrastination (and the recent realization that I really should know more random trivia), here are a few pieces of info to expand your horizons and brighten your day:
- Hippo milk is pink.
- More than 10 people a year are killed by vending machines.
- You can overdose on caffeine (this does not bode well for me).
- The warmest temperature ever recorded in Antarctica was 3 degrees Fahrenheit.
That's all for now. Hope you enjoyed this, Sarah.
No comments:
Post a Comment